Woody's Challenge Pro-Am Snowmobile Race
$1000 to the winning team, pit coats embroidered with 2016 Woody's Challenge Champion, a trophy and your names added to the Woody's Challenge Trophy.
The top 16 team qualifiers will be a part of the SWEET SIXTEEN to compete for the first place prizes.
- Where: Soo I-500, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- When: Thursday, February 4, 2016 Woody's Challenge starts at 7:30 pm
- The form below must be submitted no later than January 22, 2016
- This is separate from the official I-500 Racer Entry Form for the Woody's Challenge & I-500 Race to be completed at the race track.
The Woody's Challenge Pro-Am Race will be held Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. at the Soo I-500 race track. To enter, you must first fill out the Woody's Challenge Racer Bio Information Form at the bottom of this page. The information you submit on this form will be used for Woody's publicity only. By submitting this information you are giving International Engineering & Mfg., Inc. permission to use it for advertising, PR, social media etc. purposes. Your personal contact information will only be used by Woody's and will not be available to the general public. You MUST ALSO FILL OUT the official Woody's Challenge Pro-Am entry form at the Soo I-500 race track. After you register at the race track you will receive the race rules and more information on how to qualify to be one of the SWEET SIXTEEN of the Pro-Am Woody's Challenge at the Soo I-500.
Woody's will post your team and Bio information on the Woody's Traction Facebook Page. The Woody's Challenge Trophy will be on display at the Kewadin Casino. The Woody's Challenge will stream live over the internet.
Race Rules Contact:
Soo I-500 Race Director
Woody's Challenge Snowmobile Race Format
Visit the I-500 website to check for updates to the Woody's Challenge.
Woody's Challenge Qualifying
- Qualifying each day Tuesday and Wednesday
- Multiple sleds on track at same time
- Top 14 locked in from Qualifying from both sessions combined
- Final 2 positions locked in from Wednesday night's Woody’s Dash
- Sweet Sixteen to race in Woody’s Challenge Thursday Night
Last chance qualifier for the Sweet Sixteen Woody’s Challenge race. All sleds that have not qualified for the race will run this race with the top 2 transferring to the back row of the Woody’s Challenge race.
This race will be the premier event on Thursday night. It will consist of a legal Soo Pro racer along with an approved Soo rookie.
- Run 20 laps with the rookies first
- Caution flagged and stopped on front stretch just before the flag stand in positions they were running on track
- Switch to the pro racers with no adjustments to sled
- Run the final 20 laps to determine the winner of the Woody’s Challenge
Woody's Challenge Winner 2015
Jeff Leuenburger & Bradee Mlaskoch